Monday, 12 April 2010

Bakemonogatari

Kinda delayed this review for a week or so. Last Tuesday my internet provider randomly went down and I had nothing to do so I decided to watch Bakemonogatari.

At first it was sort of random, it wasnt an insanely attention grabbing first episode. But I did notice humour and it made me laugh so I decided to press on. The more episodes you watch, the more it grows on you and by the end I was glad that I watched such an interesting anime.

The story is about a guy who is part vampire and his encounters with other oddities like ghosts, bad spirits. This anime has many themes like romance (quite exciting due to the characters involved), humour (can be dry but you get used to it), action (can be extremely bloody when it needs to be) and mysteries (you dont know like how stuff started and how things gonna end). I guess that is why it is such an enjoyable anime to watch, all those factors combine is something you can not dislike.



This anime is fairly new, came out last year if I'm not mistaken. The style is quite unique and modern, I have never seen any anime like it. It uses a lot of subliminial message (I think thats what its called) like where it just flashes a random image for a second. At first I found it irritating but then I got used to it, it is just the style of the anime. The drawing is simple yet stylish, I liked it, I think the manga was drawn by a taiwanese guy, woot!

I liked the background music they used during the anime, it fits well during those explanation scenes. They also used different openings for different characters, which was nicely done. It corresponded with the characters really well. I enjoyed most of their songs, pretty easy going sort of music.

You would enjoy this anime better if you were really fluent or if you are a Japanese. Since a lot of the explanations are play on words and puns from Japanese. I understood some bits of it (since I can read Kanji and know some vocabs) and I thought it was quite clever. But yeah this anime has quite a few talking scenes so beware lol. Even so I definately give Bakemonogatari a solid 8/10, I might move it up since I still havent finished watching it yet. The last episode comes out in June or something -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment