Friday, 2 July 2010

Dragon Age



Been wanting to write the review for this game ever since I finished it since 3 weeks ago. So lets get straight to it. Dragon Age is a RPG game, made by Bioware and I must say this game is actually pretty good. The background story is that the dark spawns (kinda like undeads) are rising again and only Grey Wardens have the power to defeat them. You start off by choosing your race and occupation. Then the story begins with your chosen race's setting and background. After a while, the story will converge, meaning no matter what your chosen race or background is, you will be be playing the main story now.



I chose to start off with a Dalish Elf cause they were like in the wilds and use bows so I figured they seemed like elven archers in mmorpg games lol. However to my disappointment they werent as strong in this game. Nevertheless I enjoyed playing my character even if I was weak. Anyway moving along, Bioware tend to make their rpg games real life ish. Every conversation will have at least 3 options for you to choose as your answer and sometime your answer can affect your game dearly. The consequences of your answer could range from getting a bit more money for yourself or a party member leaving your group (and no you wont get them back again). It's like if you anger a friend, you lose him/her forever.



Dragon Age is a team fighting game so technically you're role playing 4 roles. However while you are controlling one, the others will auto attack and you can also set the kind of spell they use or the action they should take when they are on auto attack. Speaking of team members, each member has this relationship scale with you. Much like real life, not everyone will always agree to your actions. So most of the time when you make a decision like accepting a bribe or not, some members will approve your action while some wont. Therefore it is actually quite hard to be Mr Popular or the Ladies Man. I tried dating 2 girls at the same time but then in the end I could only choose one.



The graphics I thought was pretty average, I've seen better. The music used during the game was nice though. The fighting game play is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The key is to press pause and you will be pressing pause a lot whether you like it or not lol. However the thing I liked the most about Dragon Age is the story. Although there is a vague overall story while you play. Your decision that you make during the game really influence how the story will turn out in the end. You are in charge of your life which in result you are in control of your destiny. With that being said, luckily there is the save/load option so I could test and try out my life before choosing my destiny :P
Dragon Age is a game I definately would recommend to play, a solid 8/10 from me. If I had a LOT of spare time, I would consider re-playing it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment