Friday, 2 July 2010

Kaiji: The Ultimate Gambler

Omg??? 2 updates in one day??? Well I guess Im making up for my June section which only has 3 entries... Anyway like I said yesterday, I recently watched a Japanese movie called Kaiji: The Ultimate Gambler and it was such a suprisingly good find.



Like half an hour into the movie, I kept thinking the main character Kaiji looked strangely familiar but where else could I have encountered a Japanese actor? Then it suddenly hit me, OMG IT WAS DEATH NOTE, YAGAMI LIGHT! The movie suddenly got 5x better.



The movie is full of mind games, quite similar to Death Note. However in Kaiji there are parts where really strong emotions were shown and you would know exactly how he felt during that time. Although the acting isnt all perfect compare to american films, the tone of the actors was enough to display the message across. I'll probably get the general picture of it if I watched it without subtitles.

Then near the end, an insert song was played while the ending was shown. The movie ended with 10x more satisfaction for me cause the song was sung by YUI! Yui's It's All Too Much was a #1 single last year. The credit song Never Say Die is the 2nd song that was released in that album.

P.S. Was looking at the cast of Kaiji and Death Note while writing this. To my amazement L WAS IN KAIJI TOO OMFG. I KNEW I'VE SEEN SAHARA'S FACE SOMEWHERE LOL. Just couldnt recognise him without the insane eye make up XD
This movie was placed in my favourite movies list right after I watched it. My rating for it would be 9/10 due to a few biased factors XD 7/10 for general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment