Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Tomorrow When The War Began

Just watched Tomorrow When The War Began and thought I'd blog this before I forget. This movie is about 7 friends who went out on their end of the year trip then came back home to find that their home had become a war zone.

I thought the acting was realistic, the actors expression really portrayed their emotion and the situation at that time. I think its cause of their acting (not to mention getting chased by bullets) made me realised how intense the movie really is. The only down side of the movie was the ending, actually there was no ending at all so that was a bit of a bummer.



I quite liked this movie, it kinda opened my eyes a bit. I often think about what happens when an emergency happens, how will I react to that situation eg. a car crash or store robbery something like that. But I never imagined what I'd do if I was in a war. The closest thing to it which I've experienced is paintball lol. I mean normally when we watch a movie or watch tv series about battles or wars, we laugh and go, haha why didnt that guy just shoot him. But if you were in that guy's position, would you have the guts to pull the trigger?

If suddenly I was given a gun and was trapped in my house with 3 of my friends while there are helicopters and soldiers outside searching and hunting civilians. Would I have the courage to lead my friends and try to survive? Or will I just breakdown completely and await death? Well for now I would say, I would stay calm and develop some sort of plan to survive but who knows, under those circumstances, you might not be who you think you are.

I dunno why this movie had such an impact on me. I guess its cause there are various things I can relate to. One, I've just been to a trip like 6 weeks ago so I know what its like out there and the terror of coming back home to find that you house is empty. Two, Im also a teenager, a student. Im not some trained militia, if war is brought upon me, Im not sure what I'll do. And three, like I said before I often find myself thinking about these situations. Anyway, I give this movie a solid 8/10 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment