Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Ergo Proxy



Just finished Ergo Proxy and uhh I dont even know where to start. If you ask me to describe the anime in one word it would definately be random. Second word would be unique. Ergo Proxy is an anime about the future where humans each had a personal robot to take care of them (autoreivs). The air was also too polluted for humans to live in and they had to live inside a dome. Then we get a glimpse of human like monsters. The anime started off with lots of questions and mysteries, they were revealed or answered bit by bit as the anime progressed.

The animation wasnt bad, quite average. The artwork for the opening song was nicely done though, with all the dark lines effects, corresponded with the theme of the anime, dark and mysterious. While Im on the subject of the opening, I quite like the opening song, especially the part where he stands all alone and screams to the world. But other than that, there is nothing more I can say about the music for Ergo Proxy.

This should give you some idea of what the anime is like.

I honestly thought it was a white dude who sangs this until I looked it up, yes they are Japanese :O

I know that a lot of people likes this anime because of the story, the pace, the arrangement of the story but personally I did not like it. There were too many mysteries shown at the start and the explanations for it were too vague. I also felt that the pace was too fast, like I'll finish one episode then start watching another one. But after 5 mins into that one, I get the feeling that I missed an episode in between because I do not see how it relates to the episode before.

The reason I described the anime as being random, not only because of the 'timeline jumps' but the anime also had really random episodes. Some were complete fillers, literally rubbish episodes where it didnt even matter if it was shown or not. Some were fillers that had 2 mins of significance, if you did not watch that 2 mins, you would not understand some parts of the next episode. I also feel that this anime tries to complicate things and trying to fit a lot of themes in it.

Judging from my review, you'll probably think this anime is crap. But they are just personal opinions, this is a highly rated anime on the net and most people like it. I admit even I was attracted to it for a while, around the middle part. I mean Ergo Proxy was interesting enough for me to finish the series. Actually I was glad they put the character Pino in, it gave me laughs in this shady anime. My rating for this anime 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment