Sunday, 17 April 2011

Durarara!!

Another anime with exclaimation mark at the end of it's name and this time it has two!! Does it mean it is double awesome? X)
So I just finished watching Durarara!! which I started a few days ago. Dont even ask what the title means, I dont even know, google it lol. I would say this anime is good but nothing further than that. First of all I gotta say I love the character design, including the clothes they wear, just simple and stylish. I think most people will agree with me the two best looking characters are Izaya and Shizuo.


So what is this anime about? Well to summarise it, it is about the district in the city of Tokyo called Ikebukoru. At the start of the anime, you get an overwhelming introduction of nearly all the characters who appears in the anime. At first you dont see how they are related but as you progress more into the anime, you see the connections they have with each other. I didnt like the start of the anime because you couldnt see the purpose or the point of this anime but it gets better by the episode. It got to a point where I just HAD to click the next one to see what happens, damn cliff hangers...


This anime contains both fantasy and reality. The reality being its based in an actual city, they even drew the actual landmarks in the anime. Also a lot of the concepts behind it are very real which can be seen in our current society eg. gangs and internet chat rooms. The fantasy being the characters, like a dude with insane strength, chucking vending machines everywhere. However without the fantasy, this anime would not have worked. The fantasy and reality intertwined with each other producing the core of Durarara. So in the end I rate Durarara a 7/10.

This video just shows how real the anime was, quite unbelievable :O
Btw the songs used here are the openings and endings of the anime. So it was good I found this video, can show both the setting and songs of the anime. 2nd and 3rd songs are my favourite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment