Monday, 4 April 2011

Start of the Food Blog - Korean BBQ Queen St

The most intense part of this term has finally past. Dixon adn I worked our asses off on the report this morning, not sure if how we'll do the interview next term lol... After handing in our report because I didnt have breakfast so I was really keen for some korean bbq buffet. So I rallied the crew and head off for to Queen St while the other faction went to Golden Bowl.

Ok so this was suppose to be my management reflection but I just realised I dont know what to write so I'll have a read over the notes tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything. Instead, I had a thought on this for a while, I think I will start writing about what I eat around Auckland uni. I look for affordable and delicious food, most campanions who eats with me enjoys where I take them so I have decided to share with everyone.

So I will start my food bloggin with the Korean BBQ place. The place is literally called Korean BBQ buffet. It is located on Queen St, walk up towards Upper Queen St and it is on the left side, after a block of asian restaurants and before you reach Upper Queen St. It is a self serve, self cook sort of BBQ.

Playing while cooking :-)

The price is $15 for lunch, $18 for dinner. All you can eat but apparently there is a 2 hours limit (1 hour if you eat by yourself), we normally finish under 2 hours anyway. Since this is affordable buffet, dont expect luxurious meat selections. There are like 6 meats, marinated chicken/beef, spicy pork/squid, pork belly and beef. There are pre cooked food like fried chicken wings, egg rolls. Fruit juice (Raro), rice, all unlimited so it is a pretty good deal for students, especially one who just loves meat.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've heard theres another bbq buffet like this on queen st 239 near mid city, have u been to that one? compare these two which one u recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no I have not but my friend who has been there said that they do have more choices of meat. However he thinks that they're not really fresh so that's why I havent been there myself lol. There is actually a 3rd BBQ buffet place on Queen St. Its right opposite the place i mentioned on the blog, its cheaper too :)

    ReplyDelete