Tuesday, 23 November 2010

11 hours 5 movies

So I'm in Taiwan now and due to various reasons I am now living in the mountains lol, kinda feel like a hermit going through secret training. Anyway on my way from Auckland to Hong Kong I could not sleep so the only thing I could do was to watch movies. During the 11 hours flight, I watched 5 movies. Here are my thoughts on them and in order.



I started with Inception since it caused a really big hype when it came out. Everyone was like omg omg but for some reason I did not go watch it, I think it was due to the bombardment of assignments. After watching it, I now fully understand why it was considered one of the top movies this year. The idea and the concept of the movie is pure genius and beyond creative. 10/10 from me, strongly recommend movie to watch.



I wanted to watch Ip Man 2 but the movie was laggy so I then pick this. I've seen the first Ip Man so I thought it was weird to find this movie exist. I prefered the story of the Ip Man series better. I didnt like how this movie ended. I'm not saying its bad its just not my kind of ending. 7/10



Unsatisfied with the Ip Man I just watched, I tried this again and it wasnt laggy anymore yay! lol I really like the Ip Man character in this movie. He is alawys calm, friendly and fights for justice, I also prefer his style of kung fu than the other movie. In Ip Man 1, he fought the Jap, this time hes fighting England. My jaw actually dropped in amazement(this never happened in any other movie before) when I was watching Ip Man fighting the other pro kung fu master, really pro stuff, must watch. 9/10 for this.



At this point I was already tired as however still could not go to sleep so I decided to watch another big hype movie this year. Im always a PIXAR fan, was kinda disappointed with UP last year but think goodness PIXAR brought back it's usual standard. Sequel from Toy Story 1 and 2, the 3rd movie shows what happens to the toys when Andy grows up and is about to go to college. Like all PIXAR movies, its packed with humour, adventure, action and sometimes sadness. It actually got me thinking about my old toys when I was watching this lol. A solid 8 or 9/10 for Toy Story 3.



2 hours left until Hong Kong, 11:30pm time in NZ, eyes burning but cant sleep. All other movie would not finish before I land so I picked this one. Just a standard Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie and I was pretty sure I've seen it before. I was right, I saw the last 10 mins of it like a year ago. 4/10, maybe Im too old for this but I found the movie lacking story and action lol~

I then had to wait an hour and a half in HK airport. As soon as I got on the plane to TW, I fell asleep almost immediately. I missed my meal :/ grrr
Got to Taiwan at 12am, 5am NZ time basically overnighted. Arrived home at 3am, was just too insane...

No comments:

Post a Comment