Friday, 5 November 2010

Resident Evil Afterlife

Woot finally an update that hasnt been a month after the previous one. Anyway had dynamics exam today, I tried my best I guess. After the exam, went to the korean place opposite imax to eat, it was pretty good. Then went to watch Resident Evil Afterlife with Dennis, Dixon and Jp.

Now to fully understand this movie (well maybe not fully but MOST of it) you must have seen the previous Resident Evil movie Extinction and to have played the game Resident Evil 5. The first half an hour or so, you would be pretty lost and be going wtf if you havent seen the 3rd movie. I found that this movie focuses more on the journey of Alice rather than fighting fked up creatures like 1st and 3rd movie.



A lot of the monsters/zombies were taken from the game Resident Evil 5, I particularly enjoyed the axe boss scenes. There were definately a lot more humour in this movie or maybe cause I was tired from the morning exam so I laughed at their dry jokes lol. But yeah, I really enjoyed watching this movie right after the exam. They had a few jump scares which got me, yes I admit it.

A downside in this movie is that they used the slow motion scenes quite often, to show how cool the characters are probably. It works well once or twice but too often just overkills it. I know all the critics on the net says this movie is crap but thats what they said for all the RE movies. But since I've always enjoyed watching and playing RE. It was a fun, enjoyable movie for me to watch, I give it 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment