Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Taiwan's 2010 - Taiwan Up???

So some people realised that I had disappeared for a while and now I'll tell you where I had gone off to XD But before that, I'll show you guys how Taiwan celebrated the arrival of 2010. Some of you might know that the ex-tallest building in the world was in Taiwan, the Taipei 101. (The tallest is now in Dubai, officially took over like 2 days ago). Yeah well on Jan 1st, it was still the tallest lol. Therefore all eyes from around the world were watching what kind of fireworks could the tallest building pull off. Here it is:



This was definately the best out of all their previous attempts, I remember two years ago, I went under Taipei 101 to watch it live and it was just a massive explosion and then thick smoke and it was over lol... But the thing which annoyed me was the words "Taiwan UP" I mean wtf does that mean LOL. People around the world were watching it and no one really understood it. Well it is suppose to mean like hope for Taiwan to rise up in the world or keep it up Taiwan but couldnt they just write GO Taiwan or something like that? The media interviewed foreigners who lives in tw and they all said they watched the fireworks but did not understand the words. To me, a Taiwanese, this is embarassing.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Taiwan up!
    maybe it refers to the fireworks as in Taiwan is up in the sky

    haha i dont know

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. See my point exactly! Nobody knows what it means XD

    ReplyDelete