Thursday, 16 July 2009

Starting this blog & Eureka 7

Im starting this blog because im bored right now and actually feel like writing down my thoughts on everything. Well I'll start by writing what happened recently.... um, yesterday went to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with Adam, Jason and his friend Jeremy. I reckon it was alright, just another Harry Potter movie, didnt expect much out of it but the scary hand out of the water was really funny, made a lot of people jumped (Adam especially :)), I did too but was still funny. After the movie, had lunch at Hansan, never hurts to try Vietnamese food, it was average but their rib was good.

Today didnt do that much apart from taking sister and her friend to watch Harry Potter at Albany, havent been to the new mall but now i have. Holiday is starting to feel boring now, I guess that means it is time for school again. I dont really mind, except for the 8am starts... damn it. Previous semester, my grades are
Mechanics A
Maths A+
Bio & Chem A-
Design B+
Im pretty happy to be honest, I reckon I gave it 90% effort, last 10% disappeared due to burn outs lol.

Well since i finished watching the anime Eureka 7 today, i'll give my review/thoughts on it. My description might sound dumb but hey, it's just what it is.



Eureka 7 started off with people who can surf through air and piloting robots to surf through air too. They use it for sports and fighting, like miliatary surfing robots with guns.
*WARNING CONTAIN SPOILER BELOW*
The anime started out well, it was funny and enjoyable to watch with a hint of mystery in the air. It progressed in the same style and raised many unanswer questions, there were few emo bits and few sad bits (I actually cried, the story and the music that time was just too sad, although i dont remember which part it was) however when it got to around the middle of the anime the theme basically changed from surfing the air to aliens. Then near the end it is just ridiculous that love conquers everything., even aliens.
The title of every episode is literally in english, its funny when spoken by a Japanese and sometimes theres like stupid titles like Watermelon or Higher than the sun meh. I also think Renton is such a weird name for the main character and the 4th opening is just wtf.



On the internet a lot of people recommend this anime and said it has amazing story, I guess its just personal preference. Overall I think it is an alright anime, although lots of wtfs are involved unless you completely understood the storyline. Recommend only to watch if you got nothing to do or you really like robots, adventure and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment